Brian and I started the 40 Day Junk Food Challenge today. I have done this almost every year since I was a sophomore in high school. So this actually makes it about the seventh year I have done this. I know some think I am totally crazy, or that I am trying to lose weight (which some would say is definitely crazy), but I like to do this for my health (I can be a little bit of a health nut sometimes), and other reasons.
This Challenge lasts for 40 days (of course), and here is a list of food and drinks that we will be avoiding-
Carbonated drinks
Candy bars
Pies
Frozen yogurt
Restaurant hamburgers*
Restaurant fries*
Any candy
Anything chocolate
Cookies
Restaurant pizza*
Chips
Cakes/brownies
Doughnuts
Ice cream
Pastries
*Any kind of restaurant! Homemade or home cooked items are acceptable.
I think this is a great thing to do at the new year. I think we get so addicted to sugar and junk over the holidays, and it is good to get us off the cravings so we can get back to eating a moderate amount. Good luck!
ReplyDelete