4.06.2010

Tornado Warning

Elizabeth and I spent about an hour playing in the closet today.
Brian had listened to the weather radio in the morning and heard that there was a tornado watch, so he told me to listen throughout the day to check how the watch was going.  He then later emailed me from work mentioning that the weather was looking like a possible tornado.  As I was replying he called, and as soon as I answered, the tornado warning at MSU went off.  He quickly told me to grab Elizabeth and get somewhere safe as he headed to the schools basement.

Well I grabbed her and was hoping to go to our downstairs neighbor {since we live on the top floor of the apartments}, but she wasn't home.  Brian had called back, but I didn't reach the phone in time so I tried to call Brian back to let him know what we were doing, but the lines were all tied up.  So I just took Elizabeth {with some toys, snacks, and other stuff} into our most central closet.  We played in there for about an hour, and I tried to call home to just give me something else to think about, but no one answered.  I was so glad that I had thought to bring the weather radio with me so that I knew when the warning was over.

It was not only Elizabeth's first Tornado warning, but mine too!  I am so grateful that everything was all right, and I hope that I never have to do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment