It's early yesterday morning, and I hear Brian quietly get ready for the day. I roll over, half asleep, and ask if he would like me to drop them off. It's another day for Elizabeth to go to the hospital. But in a way this day is different. It doesn't seem that big, but it is. It's the end of Elizabeth's treatment for Phase I.
Brian is sweet and tells me to sleep in. He will figure it out. So I roll over to catch up on so many hours of missed sleep. It's a little restless, but I feel much better hours later. I am so grateful for more rest.
By the time I get up, Elizabeth's procedure is almost done. I get to talk to Brian and Elizabeth on the phone. Elizabeth is so sweet! One of the drugs they gave for the sedation make her so relaxed and happy.
By time I go in to trade places at the hospital with Brian in the afternoon, Elizabeth has fallen back to sleep. We just need to wait for some medication to clear her PICC lines. I enjoy watching my childhood shows like 'Bugs Bunny' and 'Tom and Jerry.' Elizabeth sleeps on.
Her lines are clear again, we can go home. Elizabeth still sleeps, so we order a wheelchair. Elizabeth finally wakes up when I pick her up to go home. We are wheeled out of the hospital together.
We have finished the first Phase of chemotherapy. We have made it through the first month. They have taken part of Elizabeth's bone marrow for testing. We now wait for the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment