* * * * *
While in the hospital with Elizabeth Wednesday afternoon, I could tell Elizabeth was getting tired. I got up from the chair I was in, sat on the side of Elizabeth's bed, tucked her in, and started to sing softly to her. As I sang I enjoyed the time to gaze at my beautiful little girl.
She had a tough day since she had to get a 'poke' twice (the first one wasn't in her port right). It's hard for me to see her go through these things. But as I watched her nod off, all of that faded.
I felt so much love for my little girl in that little hospital room. My heart was so full that it felt as if it would burst, and tears came to my eyes. That tender moment with Elizabeth brought light to my day.

No comments:
Post a Comment