11.17.2013

Bald no more

Today a stranger told me they liked my hair, so I guess it's time to share what me hair looks like these days.


I can now make it look like I try to make my hair stick up.

The beginning of August I stopped shaving my head, and let my hair grow back along with Elizabeth's.  Elizabeth's always looked great being baby soft and laying down so nicely.  My hair was a completely different story as it's been growing out.

I loved being bald! No maintenance at all. No washing it, drying it, styling it, or whatever.  As it started to grow it just looked like a boys buzz (which was still low maintenance so I was okay with it).  Then as it got a bit longer I started getting crazy bed head (anyone who know the Stringham family bed head knows what I am talking about). I would often go places with this bed head without realizing it.  I was so used to not having to think about my hair.  I kept thinking, any day it will start laying down, but my hair stubbornly stood straight up.  Finally, it's long enough that with a little styling wax I can play with my hair that sticks straight up.  I now love that it sticks up!

Now about the other reasons why I loved being bald. I loved the 'solidarity' that Elizabeth and I shared. I loved having Elizabeth say that we are twins. I loved that when people saw us they understood that our lives are sometimes hard, but we are in it together.  It was my way to tell the world that along side my daughter, I was fighting too!

Here's a picture to see how well Elizabeth's hair is growing.


See. Sweet, soft and silky.

1 comment: