6.24.2009

Visits, a wedding, and a baby

Sleeping in...
Reading...
Swimming pools...
Picnics in the park...
Relaxing...
Hot days...
Sprinklers...
Water fights...
Popsicles...
Ice cream...
Night games...
No school...
Watermelon seed spitting contests...
Friends...
Family...

...this is what I think of whenever I hear the word summer. When I was in grade school, these are the things that I would count down to the last day of school for. It would have never entered my mind that summer would ever mean anything different to me. Many of these things still apply, but now add to it the responsibilities, and demands that come when you grow up and leave your parents home. Some things get squeezed out of the list and replaced with other things. That is how summer is for me this year.

With Brian working on his PhD, he doesn't stop when summer starts. He's not taking classes, but he is teaching them. This makes things tighter to schedule summer fun around. As soon as Brian finishes teaching we are going to have a few visitors come see us.

Brian's friend Sean is stationed right now in Fort Knox, and he has the weekend for the 4th of July off, so he is going to come visit us for a long weekend. We look forward to having him come, he has been a good friend to Brian.

After that we will be having Brian's parents out to stay with us for a week. We really look forward to them coming out. We are hoping to be able to go to Niagara Fall's, and Palmyra while they are here. Brian's mom also really wants to see Lake Michigan, so we will be doing a trip out there as well. Then when they leave Brian and I will be flying to Utah for my sister's, Celeste, wedding(hopefully).

Celeste is getting married on the 25th of July, and my pregnancy will be full term(37 weeks along) on July 26th. I talked to my doctor, and she said that I most likely will be able to go, but I have to go in the week before to be checked and then if everything looks okay, she will sign a note for me to fly. She made that comment that it could be interesting having my water break during the wedding, I am sure Celeste want that day to be memorable, but I doubt that is what she is talking about. So, we are all hoping the baby waits until after the wedding to make her debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment