Brian and I have been pretty busy the last month working on getting ready for our baby. We have had project after project that we have done, and have enjoyed watching the nursery come together! We have added our own touches to practically everything that is in the nursery, and built a lot of memories, too! (I will post some pictures and descriptions of the nursery later.)
The last couple of weeks Brian and I have realized that there are going to be a lot of changes when our baby comes. We know that there will be some things that we won't be able to do for a while after she is born, so we have been doing some of this, as we dream of when baby will come.
Some of the fun things that we have done are...
...a trip to Niagara Falls and Palmyra.
We did this in the middle of July when Brian's parents came out to visit us for a week. We had a great time seeing the falls. We had a great time walking around taking pictures of the Falls, and then even went behind them. We also went to the Butterfly conservatory (which was amazing!), and walked around the gardens.
We then made our way to Palmyra, New York for the pageant, and some church history sites. It was fantastic! We really enjoyed the pageant, and the sites were great. I loved being in the Sacred Grove, it was so beautiful and peaceful there.
...go see a movie in the theater.
Brian and I hadn't been to the movies in a very long time, at least a year, so we decided to celebrate our second anniversary a month early(since Baby will be here by our real anniversary) by going and seeing the movie UP. We loved the movie, and I admit I did cry a couple of times, but remember I am pregnant:) Afterwards we did some window shopping like we used too. It was so much fun just looking at some different shops and day dreaming together.
...a nice celebration dinner.
Last weekend Brian decided to make me an AMAZING dinner. To tide me and the baby over had gave us an appetizer of animal crackers, and orange slices. He made homemade pizza, ribs, corn on the cob, and we shared a lemonade with strawberries, and pineapple that was in a young coconut that Brian had picked up. He would not let me help him make anything, except put on my own toppings for the pizza. The food was delicous and the company amazing.
...taking pictures of my baby belly.
On monday evening Brian took me to a beautiful garden that he found on one of his bike rides and took some pictures of me so that we can remember just how big I got with this pregnancy. It was so nice and peaceful.
...go on a paddle boat.
On Tuesday afternoon we went to a nearby park and rented a paddle boat for an hour. Brian did all of the paddling and had a great time playing around with it. We saw a turtle sunning himself on a log and found that the island in the middle of the lake is really two. It was so nice and relaxing, and lots of fun just being on the water.
...sitting on the tailgate and stargazing.
On Tuesday night I started to see a few shooting stars from the metor shower from our window, so Brian took me out driving to find some an open area too see the sky better. Let me tell you that finding an area without a lot of trees to block your view in Michigan, is almost like finding a needle in a haystack, but we finally found the perfect place. We stopped and sat on the tailgate of the truck and watched for the shooting stars. Brian was only able to see a few, but I saw around ten in all, one of them was really bright and long. It was so cool!
Well, these are some of the many fun things that we have done in the last little bit. It has been fun building these memories, and we really look forward to making many more wonderful memories with our baby when she comes!
sounds like you guys have been having a great time wow I can not believe that you are ready anytime now can not wait to see all the pictures and here the announcement of the birth
ReplyDelete