10.19.2009

40 Week Junk Food Challenge~Mission Accomplished

Today marked the end of a challenge that I gave to myself at the beginning of the year.  Every January since I was sixteen I have done a 40 day Junk Food Challenge and I have enjoyed how good this makes me feel.  I know that I am stronger than my cravings for junk, because I can do this.

Well...since I found out I was pregnant with Elizabeth before Christmas last year, I decided that this year I would make it a 40 week challenge instead of just 40 days.  I knew that I didn't need the extra junk, and neither did Elizabeth.  I think that this challenge helped me to be healthier and not gain too much weight during the pregnancy, but also helped me lose the weight after I had Elizabeth(stress helped too).

Brian was so proud of my accomplishment, that he decided to take me out to celebrate.  We went to a restauraunt(Elizabeth was so-o good), and then afterward we stopped at the grocery store, and Brian ran in and searched for a while until he found what he wanted to get me...DULCE DE LECHE ICE CREAM!!!  One of my favorite kinds of ice cream.  We then went home and watched Gilligan's Island while we enjoyed our ice cream.  What a celebration!

Elizabeth thought that the ice cream looked pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment