10.08.2009

Strange strangers

Last night Brian and I needed to do a quick run to Wal-mart.  Elizabeth was overtired so I told Brian to just keep walking around with her in the cart to calm her down, while I worked on printing out some pictures.  Well, Brian met a couple of interesting people.

At first a woman walked right up and took Elizabeth's blanket right off of her.  Really, who takes blankets off of babies that they don't know, especially when the parent is trying to make them happy!  She then proceeded to try and touch Elizabeth, but Brian quickly intervened.

Shortly after that Brian had a man walk up to see Elizabeth.  He didn't touch the blanket, but did reach in to touch Elizabeth's face.  Once again, Brian quickly intervened.

I just couldn't believe it when Brian told me all about it.  I mean, I love showing Elizabeth off to people, but she is still small, and the doctor said that her immune system will not be full developed for another couple of months.  Plus it is cold and flu season, and she is too young to get the flu shot(her doctor told Brian and I to get it to protect her).  Not only that, but there is also the Swine flu out there.  I am not panicked about it much, but I know that it wouldn't be a good thing if Elizabeth got it, like I said she is still too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment