Last week I received a message from one of my good friends. We are catching up with each other a little bit, and one question that she asked me was, what else do I do, other than be a mom. Well, I have to say that this question made me have to think for a bit. What else do I do?
Honestly, most of the things that I thought that I do I usually do them with Elizabeth either with me, or for Elizabeth. She has just become such a huge part of my life right now. That's not to say that every second of every day I am with Elizabeth. I do get some alone time during the day(nap time usually), and when I do, these are some of the things that I do:
~Sleep(this is becoming less prevalent then it was a little while ago since Elizabeth is now sleeping through the night. YAY!)
~Pay bills(such an exciting one, I know)
~Read(books, magazines, scriptures, cereal boxes, anything I can get my hands on. I love to read!!!)
~Take pictures(I know, I know, most of them are of Elizabeth, but I have been working on my photography skills while I do this, and it's one of my creative outlets)
~Clean(sad to say the house doesn't clean itself, but it does feel good when I get something cleaned)
~Blog(this is another creative outlet of mine, I especially love doing Elizabeth's, for some reason I just love trying to think of what someone else might be thinking-just ask my family, I am always talking for someone)
~Check on the outside world(through email, facebook, and family/friends blogs)
~Teach in primary
~Go on walks(I do take Elizabeth with me, but it is a time that I feel rejuvenated myself)
~Make bows, bracelets, and what-not(most are for Elizabeth, but I really enjoy creating them)
~Design(I love coming up with new designs for different things.)
This has been an eye opener, as I have thought on this question of "What else?" I am glad that my friend asked me this question. All said and done, I do lots of things. I love being Elizabeth's Mom, I have the opportunity to do many things with my role of being a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment