5.02.2011

Life lessons: simplify

Recently I have stumbled upon a few blogs about Minimalism.  As I have been reading them, I have come to feel that what they are saying really 'speaks' to me.  Minimalism is about living with only the things that make you happy, and cutting out the junk.  It's about simplifying your life so that you have the time, and energy for the things that you love.

I love this concept on so many levels!  I am often hating myself for getting so bogged down at times.  I hate feeling like my home and life is overstuffed.  I often feel like I have to choose between a clean house, a happy toddler, a happy husband, or being sane.  Reading about minimalism makes me feel like there is something that can help me have all three.

I have started to work towards this by first getting rid of clutter, and extra stuff in my home.  This hasn't been easy and I still have a long ways to go, but it feels wonderful!  I get so excited by each bag we take to the garbage, or Goodwill.  I have been making more space everywhere, which is great when living in a small apartment.

I am looking forward to a more simpler life.  Spending less time cleaning, running around and getting nothing done.  But most of all...I am excited to take the extra time to spend it with the people I love, doing the things I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment