5.23.2013

The curling iron

While Elizabeth was playing in the hospital playroom she found a play curling iron. After picking it up she reached to grab her hair a few times to 'curl' it, but only came up with a few strands. She then simply put it down and moved on. She knows about her hair falling out, but she hasn't seen herself in a mirror this week. I wonder how she will react to see that it is practically all gone.

As I watched her grasp for her hair that is no longer there, I got really emotional. I had to fight back the tears since I really did not want Elizabeth to become upset about her hair because of me. I know she is still adorable without hair, it is just a big and fast change, and a very visual reminder that Elizabeth is fighting cancer.




1 comment:

  1. It seems more real now. Weird. But you are right, she is so stinking cute with or without hair! Love her and love you!

    ReplyDelete