Last year when one of my cousins posted about her baby's nursery, and that she made the items for it, I loved the idea. So, now that I am pregnant I want to do the same thing. Make the items for my baby's nursery. I really like this idea, especially since I have an idea what I want, but the stores don't have it.
I have decided that I want a turquoise blue and lime green nursery. I feel that this is gender neutral enough that I can use the items again. I also want to have accents of silver and white, and maybe a bit of black, and yellow. If we have a girl I would add hot pink in a bit.
So, lately my mom and I have been on the look out for these colors of fabric, and I am getting tired of looking at so much and not finding a lot of what I really want. I have found that when I do finally find the right color it is either mixed with a color I do not want(usually brown), to feminine and flowery, or to old looking. This is why I am becoming a bit frustrated, but I am not giving up yet!
have you been looking at online stores and ebay never know what you can find gl I will keep a look out for ya
ReplyDeletecheck out Natalie's online fabric store and see if she has anything you would like: justfabric.etsy.com.
ReplyDeleteI think some good fabrics in your color scheme are Erin McMorris's Park Slope Floral Swirl in Turquoise, Erin McMorris's Poppy Dot Floral in Navy, Erin McMorris's Park Slope Pebbles in Turqouise, Michael Miller's Ta Dot in Pink, Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market Apple Dot in Spring, and Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market Henna Garden in Turquiose.
I hope this helps. Good luck! Sounds like fun making your own baby room bedding!