9.04.2008

Our Anniversary

On Saturday August 30, Brian and I had a lot of fun celebrating our anniversary together. Brian took me to Michigan Lake for a few hours it was my first time going to any of the Great Lakes and it is unbelievable how huge it is. I felt like we were at the beach in California. Here are some of the pictures that we took...

This is what we saw on our way to the Lake. It reminded me of A Goofy Movie!
Here's a picture of the gorgeous beach. It was soft and sandy, and the weather coudn't have been better. A perfect day at the beach.
Doesn't it look like we are in California!
There's a cute girl. Smile.
Brian, not being one to do things the way most people do, stuck this stick in the ground to hold our camera to get a picture of both of us.
It worked really well, as you can see right here.
We hiked up a little ways and found this beautiful area not too far from the beach. It was hard in our flip-flops so we didn't go very far. Next time.

We ended the day by having our cake. It came across the country with us. It was not the best tasting, but it was fun anyway. Brian actually found some places that tasted okay. We then exchanged gifts, and I gave Brian some framed pictures, one from our wedding day and a recent really cute one of me, to put on his desk at MSU. He is going to be spending almost all of his waking time there to I wanted him to be able to look at me while he is there. Plus all the girls will know that he is taken!

Here are the pictures Brian now has on his desk.
I really like this picture of me. I never like pictures of myself! Jakobe is a good photographer.

I also gave Brian a couple of simple photo albums.

Brian gave me two pretty vases, one for the breakfast tray he gave me for Christmas, and the other for anywhere. He also got me a measuring tape for my interior designing around the home. He noticed I used his a ton the last few weeks. He made it really cute. It's silver and he painted the part that has the sticker logo blue and put our initials with a heart in silver glitter on the blue. I love it! My husband is so creative and thoughtful, even when he is insanely busy. He also got 18 roses for me.

This one he gave to me the night before our anniversary.
He then used the petals of five of them to make a heart, and put my gifts in the middle of it along with the other dozen roses. SO SWEET!

Here is one of the dozen roses. They were not open when he gave them to me, but started to open the day after. This one was my favorite.

It was a really wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment