I have been off of chocolate for almost six years now. The first few months that I stopped I had a hard time (in case you didn't know, chocolate is EVERYWHERE). I lived on Reese's Pieces while I got over the chocolate cravings (believe me there is no chocolate in them, I read the ingredients). For the last five years or so I haven't really had any big problems with wanting to eat chocolate, that is until recently.
I had joked that with this pregnancy I would have cravings for chocolate. Well, I think I might be. I haven't really had any cravings, but in the last few weeks chocolate has been sounding pretty good. I don't know why this has suddenly popped up, I mean, I haven't even tasted chocolate in years (unless it was an accident, that I quickly spit out). It is funny, but I have forgotten what it tastes like.
I decided to extend my Junk Food Challenge to a 40 week one, instead of just 40 days (this will last until a couple months after the baby is born). I am wondering if this might be why I have been eying the chocolates a bit more than usual.
I know that some say that cravings are telling you that your body or baby need it, but no one is going to convince me that we need chocolate. Nothing I can do about it, except ignore it like usual. I've done harder things.
Wow. 6 years! That is impressive. I didn't know you didn't eat chocolate. I thought it was just soda.
ReplyDeleteYou maybe craving chocolate because of something that is in it that you need. It may just be that you aren't eating enough sugar for your body to have the energy it needs for the baby. Try eating white rice instead. That might help. That idea. Experiment. I had a friend going to an eating disorder clinic where they taught them to do this because when you crave something your body is serious! It is similar as being dehydrated from whatever. If you can figure out what it is you need, you can avoid eating the thing bad for you and still help your body (and it your case your baby).
Congratulations!